Monday, April 12, 2010

Pride and Prejudice Part Two

Well, Pride and Prejudice, the play was all right. It was done by a community theater company, so it wasn't Shakespeare Dallas, but I enjoyed it.

I don't know that if you were not familiar with Pride and Prejudice that the production would have made one lick of sense, but it seemed as though the people in the audience were following and laughing in the appropriate spots. It could be they were all family and friends and have been helping run the lines for the last 2 months. Whatever...it was a nice night out and a change of scenery going into Fort Worth.

Hubby made an excellent point as we discussed the play on the hour long ride home. (Did I mention we live a long way from Fort Worth?) A novel really is meant to be read on paper and it doesn't really translate well onto a stage. Especially a small one. I suppose that is why the best television production of Pride and Prejudice is 5 hours long. The 1995 BBC version. I need to add watching that one again to my list of things to do.

I have a new knitting project that will take some considerable time to complete, so now that we have the TV up and running in the bedroom as well as the living room, maybe I will knit and watch. We do still have PBS Emma tivo'd that we have not watched either.

Not enough hours in the day, or days in the weekend.....

No comments:

Post a Comment