Friday, June 4, 2010

We love us some scones...



We do love scones at our house. All four of us. Well, five if you count the dog, who has been known to snarf up a scone or two when you are not looking.


I am in search of the perfect scone recipe. I have tried several and i have found one in particular that I like for many reasons, but ease of use is number one.


I always have the ingredients on hand, nothing weird like buttermilk or self rising flour needed. And they are a drop recipe, you don't need to roll them out and cut them, making them very low maintenance.


I have them down to a science and can whip up a batch in about 10 min, not counting baking time and they have become a weekend staple. I think our favorite is sour cherry, but any dried fruit will work, raisins, cranberries, blueberries etc. etc. I'm gonna try to pull the recipe out of my head:


2 cups flour

1/2 cup sugar

3 tablespoons cold butter (unsalted)

2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp salt

cup-ish of dried fruit

3/4 cup milk

1 egg


Mix dry ingreds together, except fruit

Cut in the butter until crumbly

Lightly beat egg together with milk and then add to dry ingreds

Mix it together until it looks mixed, then add fruit

Mix together some more and then drop blobs onto cookie sheet, should make an even dozen


Bake at 350 for 25-30 min.


Make a cup of tea and enjoy.
My little kitchen helper. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment