Friday, September 28, 2012

Agree to disagree...

People are weird.

That weirdness really rears it's ugly head during times of political debate.  There is always an undercurrent of weirdness, but nothing like an election to bring the radicals out of the woodwork.

So, no big secret, I lean to the left. Pretty far to the left, by most people's standards.  I'm open minded about it though.  I am completely open to agree to disagree.

But...

Do not judge me if you don't know me...
Do not condemn my beliefs and I will not condemn yours...
Do not witness to me or my children...
Keep religion out of the science classroom and put it into humanities where it belongs...
I'll respect your opinions, if you respect mine...

And we'll get along just fine.

Radicalism is a very scary and nasty thing.  No matter where it comes from.  And it can come from the left as well as the right. 

Everyone just needs to smarten the hell up and be open minded.  Ha ha ha!  Like that will ever happen, as I watch society become more and more segregated in their beliefs.

In that case, I guess we just need to find like minded people and stick together. But then again, I will circle back around to saying that I am willing to hear your opinions and respect them, if you are willing to hear mine and in turn also respect them.  I will agree to disagree, until you cross the line. Until then, we'll get along just fine.  Unfortunately it seems that no one can control themselves and the line just gets bulldozed.

Very disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment