Monday, December 5, 2011

The Zombie Apocalyse

So, we've been watching and reading The Walking Dead. Now, I have never been much of a fan of zombies, in fact the movies scare the hell out of me, so I typically avoid them.

Well, the big boys in the house are not afraid of zombies. In fact they are on a mission to prepare for a zombie apocalypse. This has gotten me thinking. What would and could i do in the event of a zombie apocalypse.

I am pretty handy, if I do say so myself. And spunky. I think that I would be useful. albeit, there are some skills that I need to improve upon. Domestic, but also practical.

I need to get over my issues with shooting. It's not like I have never shot a gun. I have - hand gun, shot gun and rifle. (yes, Canadians will handle firearms and not break out into hives) I just don't like guns because I am not comfortable with them. I do not wish to shoot my foot, or any one else's.

I need to learn how to can. I kind of know how. I grew up watching my parents do it. I just have not ever had a reason to try. I also do not have the equipment.

I have conquered socks. So, for that reason alone, I would be useful during the zombie apocalypse. People need socks. And I can make them. (I wonder where one finds yarn during the zombie apocalypse?? Details, details....) I can also sew, quite well, and I can and have used a tredle machine in the event that there is no electricity.

What about soap? Also on my list of useless things to learn to make from scratch. The world might be about to end, but by George, me and the boys will be clean and smell good. (Uh, that might actually be bad, the zombies would probably be able to smell us....)

We need to get a generator and a solar charger. I know that there would not be any Internet, but it would be nice to be able to charge the old ipod and actually have music. The world might be about to end, but by George, me and the boys want our tunes. (Uh, that would probably be bad, too, the zombies would hear it, or sneak up and we wouldn't hear them....)

All in all, things are not looking so good for me, but we will be wearing awesome hand knit socks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment