Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Knitting Circles are Political??

So, I went to a knitting group the other night. All things considered, besides freezing my ass off in the Starbucks, it was pretty fun. There were only 2 other ladies that arrived, but that's OK.

Now what shocked me was that there is a whole under current of drama and politics in these meet up groups.

There are several around here in North DFW suburbia. And they are all aware of each other. And they all talk about each other. And one person will start a new group and recruit/"steal" members from the other groups. Blah, blah, blah, or rather cluck, cluck, cluck.

Weird. and all I wanted to do was to meet some new people that are knitting nerds like me.

I may have to see what is involved and start my own group. Ha!! There is a lovely Irish pub here in town and it would be a sweet place to meet and stitch and bitch.

How 'bout them apples!! (Bock bock)

No comments:

Post a Comment