Sunday, August 22, 2010

Grandma's and Grandpa's Garden...


My parents have the best yard. They do not live in Texas! This is obvious at a glance. I took a few pretty pictures when I was home and want to share. And it takes me to my happy place when I look at them.












Mom's Hydrangea bush.



























And Dad's grafted apple tree. It has 5 or 6 different types of apples grafted onto the same tree.




Lavender, which I have never been able to successfully grow here in Texas.





And a whole lot of tomatoes, especially the cherry ones. There were more, but I think the kids cleaned off the plants before this pictures.
And the grass...... It has been a long time since I have walked barefoot in the grass and it felt good on my feet! The kids kept rolling around on the lawn. Look Mom, no fire ants!!
















1 comment:

  1. Love your parent's yard! It looks so green and fresh and well cared for. Just lovely. I don't have a nice lawn up here on the mountain, but theirs looks so inviting. Thanks for the pics and the kind words on my blog.

    ReplyDelete